2010-12-14

White Wedding

Saturday was my friend's wedding. And I was weighing in at... drum roll... 198.5 lbs! After all the drama, I'm really happy it turned out like I wanted it to.
So I got up at 7 am on that day (earlier than I do to go to work) and I went to get my hair done. Then, at twelve, my friends picked me up to get to the hotel for the one o'clock ceremony. It was not a religious service, so it was pretty short, but very touching, especially when the bride's mother choked up during her speech. Plus, everyone kept telling me how pretty I looked, which surely helped to be in a great mood! Then we had a couple of hours to kill while the newlyweds went to take pictures. We had fun, walking around the historical part of town, taking silly pictures.
Plus, I feel also pretty good about my eating, I did not indulge in the appetizers served at the cocktail and the meal itself was really reasonable.I did drink a little more than I probably should have. I was never drunk, but kept a steady 1 drink/hour rate (which, when the party starts at 5 pm and ends at 2 am, is quite a few drinks)
Later, at the party, I was sitting with my friend's friend, on whom I've had a crush for a while. We flirted, albeit a little jokingly, and my confidence was soaring. That is until he asked me if my ex-roommate had been with her boyfriend long, and until I spotted him stroking one of the other girls' knee. I'm now mad, mostly at myself for letting my imagination run wild from a few flirtatious jokes. And for being really interested in a guy who obviously couldn't care less while a decent guy has given me signs of interest and I couldn't care less.  My love-brain is broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment