2010-07-28

Shoes back on!

At the end of last June, I downloaded the "Couch210K" app ("There's an app for that!") and did the first 3 or 4 weeks. Then, there was a heat wave here and just sitting home was sweaty and uncomfortable. Rugby felt bad enough, I figured I'd skip a couple of runs until the evenings cooled down but I never got back to it till today. And today, it was HARD!
I felt ambitious and tought I could pick up where I left off: 2 min run, 3 min walk for an hour. After two reps, I realized I was running like an old lady (like, 98 years old) and my calves were a-burning. I was considering turning back when I heard the half-way mark on my iPod so I figured I might as well keep going. The second half was better (probably in part due to the fact I knew I was on my way back) but I'm a little disappointed to realize how I haven't kept my (albeit low) level. I thought rugby would at least maintain my fitness level. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment