2010-07-30

Sometimes people just bring me down

I'm just back from rugby practice. Not very intense for me today and I had a pizza at the pub after which I did not want to do (thin crust though... trying to justify myself...). I also had a looong talk with a teammate about the season, and how it went. I've heard a lot of complaints about the coach, some justified, some not so much. It was nice to finally hear someone voice that the real problem this year is some players' attitudes. Two weeks ago, I was thinking about dropping the sport. I felt very inadequate, not very useful on the field and most of all, I felt my contribution to the team was not appreciated by some of my teammates. Now rugby is a very physical sport. Why should I spend my summer being pushed, tackled, kicked and God knows what else can happen in a match for girls who can only whine about it? I deserve better than that.
I was relieved to hear another girl felt similar (and she runs fast and is not overweight which I know is not really relevant but let's face it, I was feeling like a big part of my shortcomings were due to my size). Still, it left me a little frustrated at other people who seem to point the flaws in others without accepting any part of the blame.
And with all that, I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment