2010-09-11

Just Because I'm Losing, Doesn't Mean I'm Lost

So I've been on this journey for almost two months now and I don't feel the difference. I know the numbers on the scale are going down, but after losing almost twenty pounds, I hoped it would show a little more on my body. I mean, I still wear the same size clothes (maybe more comfortably than I used to but still) and except from the comment my mother gave me a few weeks back, I haven't received any.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still thrilled about my improved fitness level (who would've thought, two months ago that I would be jogging three times a week! I hated jogging!) and when I pay attention, there are a few indications that my body is changing. At work, they ordered the wrong size for my labcoat when I was hired (a M instead of L). The buttons could barely close around my breast and now, it's still snug, but there's not that pulling that shows my shirt underneath. I was almost never wearing a skirt I loved because it would cut into my stomach when sitting down. I put it on Thursday and at the end of the day, I realized I was very comfortable in it. But my everyday jeans do not fall off my hips. After twenty pounds, I was really hoping to have dropped a size already. It's a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment