2010-09-01

The Heat Is On

Summer days in Montreal can range from a chilly, rainy day (although rarely, I'll admit) to am-I-in-a-freakin'-oven kinda hot. This week: oven. Plus, for some reason, it's very humid here, all year long. So I simply walked home from work (about 2K) and that's it. I can barely tolerate my laptop on my lap so even thinking of going for a run, I'm dehydrated.
So to cool myself off, I'll think of places I've visited that were also smoldering hot (so that you can have a good time even when melting on the pavement).
First, Rome. I visited last September and I was SO thankful for the abundance of free, cold water fountains! Also, not many trees to give a little shade. I would have been nice. But, hey! When in Rome... eat pasta, drink wine and enjoy! I sure did!
 Me, my double chin and Piazza Navona

In the more exotic destinations: Singapore. Gotta love tropical heat. And my mom who made me hike up the hill to this statue on my first day there, all jet-lagged and sweaty (which is the main reason this picture was taken from this safe distance: the armpit rings of sweat do not show as much!)
The Merlion, the embelm of Singapore (on the right :) )

In other news, down to 221 this week! Slowly but surely!

No comments:

Post a Comment