2010-09-20

Lately, I feel like I've been doing just the bare minimum to keep me afloat in my health resolutions. I didn't really count calories this week-end (and ate out both Saturday and Sunday nights). I should be running at least 25 minutes straight but I had to walk for a couple of minutes both Saturday and today. My calves just turned into cement after 15 minutes or so.
I probably should focus on the positive: I had no desire to eat right, nor exercise. I felt like walking to my car was exercise enough. Yet, I made myself go for a short run on Saturday, and the same today. I had been telling myself I would go for a swim, but since the pool is only open from 8 to 10 pm on Mondays, I knew I'd chicken out (season premiere of House! let's face it, I'm not going to be able to wait). So even though I certainly did not push myself, at least, I didn't stay on the couch. Which is more effort I'd have put a couple of months ago, so I guess I should beat myself up over this. I just don't want to congratulate myself when I know, deep down, that I could have done better.

No comments:

Post a Comment