2010-08-21

I Want To Break Free

Today, I ran for a total of 16 minutes out of 24. That's really good for me and I am proud of myself. There, I said it, I'm proud I went even if I had a so-so week with all the birthday eating. It felt relatively comfortable, even though the last five minutes, I felt like stopping a couple of times. But I didn't and that's also something different about my running.
In my previous attempts at running, I would put my mind to running 20 minutes straight. Of course, I wouldn't be able to and would never go back, feeling I just could never run. This time, I've allowed myself to learn to run, familiarize my body with running and to my surprise, I don't really hate running. It's not easy, nor blissful. It hurts sometimes and it's a battle against my own brain sometimes. But it's rewarding and worth the trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment