2010-08-17

A Job That Slowly Kills You

Today was uneventful, once again. I am bored out of my mind at work, but at the same time, I don't want to get any more projects. I just thinks my job mostly involves glorified secretary tasks. I have nothing but admiration for secretaries. I simply did not study in Biochemistry to end up doing what I'm doing right now.
A friend told me a couple of weeks ago that she feels I'm wasting my potential for fear of moving forward and I think she's right. I AM afraid to give up the comfort I have right now. My boss is a really decent one, I've never had a better one. My salary is not spectacular, but it's all right and I'm by myself. I can't really afford to go back to school unless I get into serious debt. Right now, I just don't know where I'm headed, any direction I look seems like such a dark abyss. I sure wish I had a passion deep enough to drive me in a given course.

No comments:

Post a Comment